Placebo Freakshow Forum

What should you be doing right now?

« Older   Newer »
Hinahon
view post Posted on 1/11/2011, 18:53

cooking ^^
i'll do that in a few mins after i finish watching the cartoon that's on right now XD

LuridPretty
view post Posted on 5/12/2011, 09:27

Getting dressed up.

Morning-star
view post Posted on 10/12/2011, 08:39

translating a text about Tintin, or having breakfast (which I will as soon as the coffee's done)

Hinahon
view post Posted on 10/12/2011, 09:11

give me your text if it's french or english and i'll translate it for you :P lol

Morning-star
view post Posted on 10/12/2011, 09:29

hahaha :P I'm supposed to do this on my own (it's English to French), otherwise I won't be ready for my exam ;) but if I'm having difficulties I'll gladly as for your help ^^
It's kind of strange but because i worked much more in English than in French, I'm sometimes making horrible sentences in French while translating.

Hinahon
view post Posted on 10/12/2011, 09:40

ahahahaha yes i know you have to do it
btw, a common error that i saw you did quite often,
when you say "je suis heureuse que tu peux" it's not that, cause after "que" you'd expect subjonctif time so it's "je suis heureuse que tu PUISSES"
yes i know, french is complicated. Since I remember seeing you do that like 2 times already i thought it could be useful to you to know that.
You have the same mistake from Brian in Mars Landing Party it's not supposed to be "jusqu'à ce que j'en peux plus" but "jusqu'à ce que j'en PUISSE plus" :D

if it helps here is something about subjonctif:

www.xtec.cat/~sgirona/fle/subjonctif_index.htm

Morning-star
view post Posted on 10/12/2011, 09:54

hahaha I know I should use the "subjonctif" after a "que" at least in 90% of the cases. When I'm writing I am usually careful and use the subjonctif, but when I speak I'm not paying that much attention so I make the mistake quite often.

but there is a mistake that most french speakers make, but it's an accepted error that has become accepted in the spoken and written language and no longer pointed out as a mistake. After "après que" you should not use a "subjonctif" but an 'indifcatif", but everyone uses the subjonctif.

Thankies for the tip ^^

Hinahon
view post Posted on 10/12/2011, 11:09

yeah sure about après que, but anyway subjonctif is a bitch lol
though i dunno why when i was a kid i was really into "imparfait du subjonctif" i was asking all the time my teacher to know when we'd learn it XD

97 replies since 10/7/2009, 16:38   516 views