Placebo Freakshow Forum

Polyamory

« Older   Newer »
Hinahon
view post Posted on 25/7/2009, 18:29

First, what is polyamory?

Believing wikipedia:
Polyamory (from Greek πολυ [poly, meaning many or several] and Latin amor [love]) is the practice, desire, or acceptance of having more than one loving, intimate relationship at a time with the full knowledge and free consent of everyone involved.

the "community" is represented by that flag:

and this symbol:

Polyamory respects a list of values:
- Fidelity and loyalty
- Trust, honesty, dignity and respect
- Mutual support
- Communication and negotiation
- Non-possessiveness

If you want to learn more, go check the Wikipedia Polyamory Page.

What do you think about it? Do you think it's possible to LOVE several people at once? Could you live in such a relationship?

Morning-star
view post Posted on 31/7/2009, 14:24

I'm not pretty sure I could do it...

I haven't read the entire article but only the part you posted on the forum...

I can't imagine that we're able to love two or more people at the same time in the same way... without creating jealousy, and I don't know, maybe it's me and I'm too posessive, but I can't imagine and don't want to imagine someone else being with my partener...

Plus, I don't know, I think that we're prone to being jealous..

Hinahon
view post Posted on 31/7/2009, 15:37

Actually, I do believe it might be possible to fall in love with two person at the same time.

I kinda "had" this a while ago
because i "loved" a guy i knew i would never be with but also loved someone that was more easily "reachable" but neither worked out as always for me

then, would I be able to live with someone else AND my partner... I dunno...
I guess it would depend on my partner, if i could achieve a really strong relationship with huge basis of trust, maybe then yes i'd be able to try it.

But then you really need to find another good person.

Morning-star
view post Posted on 31/7/2009, 23:22

I guess at this level I'm not too opened myself...

I know that it is possible to love two people at the same time, it kinda happened to me as well... but you don't love them in the same way... I could always tell myself I loved one more than the other...

:)

well who knows maybe you'll try it out one day

3 replies since 25/7/2009, 18:29   34 views