Placebo Freakshow Forum

London - 13/17 September 2009 - My trip diary

« Older   Newer »
Hinahon
view post Posted on 18/9/2009, 11:16

I just came back from London yesterday and I wrote a sort of small trip diary so I thought I would make it as a diary :)
I'll post what I wrote with the pics I took ^^

Hinahon
view post Posted on 18/9/2009, 12:45

1st day: Sunday 13 September:

After around 3h of TGV from Lyon, we got to Lille. First stop to share a drink, of course you know me, I'm having a beloved Red Bull. Then quick txt message to Danina to say I got here safe and sound. And now in less than 2h, I'll be in the Eurostar to go to my beloved London.
Of course, since I make all the security doors scream their "BIIIIP!" crazily because of all the metal I'm wearing, I already took off all my necklaces, chains and pendants, rings and bracelets. Though I know they'll still bip and I'll still get controlled because of the metal on my boots but I got used to this now... Time for a quick pic of the "train departures" board and of myself.

The "train departures" board, with our train announced, 13h13, London-St. Pancras Int. TGV9133. I dunno why they tag it as TGV when it's a Eurostar lol STOOPID

Me waiting for the eurostar in Lille's station:

Oh! I have to tell you. In the train to Lille, we were almost the only ones in that part ! That was so cool !
Now I should soon grab a sandwhich to eat a bit and then, we'll be waiting to get in the Eurostar.

A few minutes later, they're calling people to check in for the Eurostar. So we leave our table at the little snack thing we waited in and we go to the check in point. Time to take out ID cards and train tickets. First, we get our ticket checked by someone of the Eurostar staff. Then, we pass by the English borders police so they check our IDs. Then, we get thanks to our tickets to the checking room. Time to leave all bags, cameras, jewelry and all metal pieces to get them Xrays checked or whatever. I'm passing through the security doors... surprise ! it didn't bip ! Actually it never bipped in France, but always in the UK...
So now we get to the waiting room till all the passengers have checked in.

Pics in the waiting room:

Finally at one point, they're opening the access to the platform !! I start going there, almost leaving my parents behind since i'm too excited. But they're right behind me. After getting down by the escalator, we're on the platform. I take a few pics there:

Now I'm pissed off... well not really, but annoyed ! Meanies !!! the train is now announced with a 5min delay... which is said "retard" in france so that gives me time to have a laugh about the "retarded" train.

Then it finally arrives !!!!

Almost in ! with dad first and mom after him

So that's all for now ! I'll write more when I'll be on my way to the city of my dreams. Who knows what will happen in those 4 days? I'll maybe see Brian in an Underground ! LOL

Hinahon
view post Posted on 18/9/2009, 14:52

Pics I took in the Underground before getting to the hotel

Ok... Since there was no table thing in the Eurostar, I didn't write. So now that I'm in my hotel room (Room 504, 5th floor) in Wembley Ibis hotel, I can write.
So, the Eurostar, it's the first time I took it to St Pancras. Before, it stopped at Waterloo station. When I got in, I was sitting first next to a young English woman. Then dad moved so I went to sit next to mom. Nothing special during the trip. Just I had (Me the French girl) to tell the English woman I was sitting next to first that the first stop was Ebbsfleet and not London. Weird ! I feel like I'm coming home. Then as we got to the station, I was amazed ! The station is really, in my opinion, beautiful. I hope I'll be able to take pics before I leave, cause I didn't have time to take them now. Then, first bad news, the underground lines we had to take were either partially or totally closed. So we took another line, then a bus and then walked our way to the hotel. Passing by the arena, we saw that there was some sort of big religion reunion. I think they're evangelists, I dunno...
Oh ! BTW ! I forgot to tell you !

WTF 1 of the day ! At a tube station, in the tube that was next to the one I was in, I think (can't be 100% sure) I saw Helena and Cody !!!! The woman seemed asian and has the same haircut as Helena and the kid next to her was all curly, but I didn't see his face. But God ! If it was them, maybe Helena was on her way to lead Cody to Brian's !

Anyway, moving on lol... My room... I dunno what to think... First, the view is shit, I the the other hotel. Last time, I was on the other side and my view was quite nice.
Then... the window is blocked. I dunno why, a paper just says "Warning ! Do not try to open this window due to a fault !!" So yeah that sucks kinda... Ok, looking at it more, I think I know what the "fault" is... the window is kinda falling appart !

The view from the room I had while meeting Kay in 2006:

The sheet of paper, you can also see a bit the "view":

The corner of the window that shows it might fall appart if you dumbass don't follow the warning:

And I don't even know if I'll have the net here. So yeah that sucks...
So then, I flicked through the channels of the TV and I'm watching the Simpsons on Channel 4. Now I regret they played the Placebo documentary on Friday. If they had played it tonight, I would have seen it.
But well, tomorrow should be a good day, a shopping one. I'll surely get a new Teddy Bear. If only one, I'll call it Molks, if I get to have a second one, I'll call him Cody.

Oh! WTF2 of the day: Weird ass ad on TV: "compare the meerkat.com / compare the market.com"

Pics of the room, yeah I already made a mess on the bed:

The bathroom:

Me:

The tv, with "Deal or no deal" being on at that time, with the kettle to have a coffee or tea:

Morning-star
view post Posted on 18/9/2009, 23:19

I luff the last piccie of you!

and MORE :D
I'm curious

Hinahon
view post Posted on 19/9/2009, 20:16

2nd day: Monday 14th September

Pics I took in the morning, before leaving the hotel:

2nd day here in London... I'm back at the hotel... What a day ! Bad things first. Going to the Shu Uemura shop to get my pair of false lashes, I walked for ages which gave me a "skin off" blister on a toe. I swear that part of the town is a fucking labyrinth ! You follow a street, then you get on a place... with 5 fucking roads around it ! Where to go??? But well, I got them. On the way, I saw several theaters with musicals playing. I took pics of the front of 2.

Theaters showing musicals:

False Lashes I bought at Shu Uemura:

Then I went to Oxford circus with my parents. Actually, they were already there while i went to Shu Uemura. To be honest, my dad pissed me off almost all day long. We went to the Hamleys toy shop and I got my two teddy beard Molks and Cody. Molks is a royal blue peace sign printed bear and Cody is number 56019 out of 67100 of the "Autumn Hugs Bear" limited edition bear. He's cream with orange leaves on. They both have birth certificates saying they're MINE. I love them already ! Funny fact, I asked for Molks to be a hard bear (so stuffed he's really hard when you touch it).
After, we went to quickly eat in an Italian restaurant, it was quite good really. And when we got out, we passed by the "Liberty" shop and the building is really beautiful !

"Liberty" shop:

Then, I went to "try" to get "The never ending why" single. Quite a funny stop that one... I didn't see the singles in HMV so I asked a guy - funny one, really kinda crazy cut bleached hair. He looked up on the PC and saw that in fact, they didn't get them ! Not a single one ! So I started chatting with him, he said that like me, he thought that the 2 singles thing was bullshit. So then I just joked "shame I don't know Brian Molko's address, I would have gone there and asked him for 1 !". He laughed and said that unfortunately, he couldn't help me with that. So then I thanked him and left... with nothing.

Then, I went to Selfridges & co (that is just fucking HUGE) to check out Illamasqua's counter. Since this is a UK make up brand... There, I was served by a (in my opinion 110% gay, yes I do mean more than 100%) guy named Adam Sidwell (yes there is his name on my receipt). That guy was so fun ! He came to me saying "Hey beautiful, need anything?". There, I bought "Baptiste" Nail varnish and "Static" pure pigment. Then, when I left, Adam said like "have a nice day darling.". While being there, I told him about my dream to live in London and he told me to try, that I could always go back to France if it didn't work out.

Illamasqua's products I bought:

doesn't show on the pic but "Static" is white with pink/purple reflects, you'll be able to see a bit of it in my make up on the 3rd day

Then we went to search for Lush... We searched for AGES but we finally found it. There, a woman made me "try" the products. Since they're sopas and bath stuff, they show you in bowls of water what they do, what they smell like and how you use them.
Mum got some things but I dunno what, I was the only one who got downstairs, to the biggest part of the shop. I got a piece of "Karma" soap (it has orange and exotic spices smells), a cup of "Ocean salt" vodka scrub (it smells like lime, coconut and vodka, yummy!), a "Sex bomb" bath ballistic (it has jasmine and ylang ylang smells) and a piece of "Sweetie pie" Shower jelly (smells like blackcurrant, cherry and coconut).

Pics of the Lush products I took when I was back home:
"Sex Bomb"

"Ocean Salt"

"Karma"

"Sweetie pie", yes it has glitters :P

I regret I didn't take more pics but actually i think it was because I was shopping, I find it easier to think about taking pics when you actually visit.
Then we went back to the hotel.
On the way, I turned scared... thinking "I don't want to live here later on". Scared of not being integrated because of my stupid accent... Scared because I wouldn't have anyone to help me out. But that's life... And that's my dream. It's stupid to be scared by something so foolish. And if I don't at least try, I'll surely regret it for the rest of my life.
Now let me tell you more about my two lovely bears. They both have beating hearts boxes inside them, so when you press on them, their heart starts beating. Inside the bears, there is a small heart made in red material that I had to kiss and then I made a wish before I put a heart inside each bear. Then, they closed the bears by sewing them. Then, I went to clothes. I didn't get Molks anything because I didn't find anything that matched him. Though, I bought Cody a baby sleeper.
Now, that's all for tonight I guess... Tomorrow, we're going to Cadmen!!! I hope my dad will be less annoying than today...
Oh by the way ! Jade ! I tried "Marmite" at breakfast. WTF how can you eat that stuff??? O_o that fucking stinks and it doesn't taste any better.

My teddies, with the description, you can guess who's Molks and who's Cody :P

Cody with his baby sleeper on:

The hanger of Cody's baby sleeper:

The birth certificate:

JohnnyHomicide
view post Posted on 19/9/2009, 20:25

I LOL'D at the talking to the random guy in HMV thing, the people who work there are so randomly friendly XDDD

And your bears are sooooo cute!! :aww: :<3: :D

And the Marmite thing oh god, XD not many people like it, unlike me...who can eat it straight from the jar XD

Hinahon
view post Posted on 19/9/2009, 20:34

Yeah the guy was awesome ! XD

of course they're cute ! I should take a family pic of all my Hamley bears, Brian the 2006 autumn bear, Hinahon the hippo i got at the same time as brian and those two.

And oh god, i could eat Nutella from the jar, but i tasted like a tiny drop of marmite and nearly puked XD

Morning-star
view post Posted on 20/9/2009, 14:39

hiiiii more piccies!

you look so so happy in the pictures! :) it's wonderful to see you smile like this

Hinahon
view post Posted on 20/9/2009, 14:47

That's mainly because I was in London :P

Morning-star
view post Posted on 20/9/2009, 18:07

lol :P

and when are the camden pictures going to come? :)

Hinahon
view post Posted on 20/9/2009, 18:12

well I have only 1 pic from Camden this time :(
It rained like crazy so not cool to take pics. But if you want, I can repost here the pics I took when I went there in 2006.

10 replies since 18/9/2009, 11:16   67 views