Placebo Freakshow Forum

The tree hiding the Forrest

« Older   Newer »
Morning-star
view post Posted on 5/10/2009, 13:25

So this is a new rp that me and amandine are doing
Steve Forrest- moi
B. Molko - Hinahon

"The title comes from the french expression "L'arbre qui cache la foręt" in french, arbre means tree and since the english "forrest" means foręt in french, we thought we would play with words.
The french expression means the little thing that hides a big one (because a tree is smaller than the forrest) and since Steve's name is Forrest, here you have the pun :P
and you'll see what the tiny thing that hide the big one is reading the story."

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I could start telling you the story of my life but no one is really interessted in it, is it? Well one day they might be if this is going to turn out alright.
I remember the day I was called and told that I'm going to have to be with these guys of a while and try and record, adapt my style of playing to theirs, and of course see if things work out.
The first days sucked, I was kind of a puppy dog getting coffee for them, making lunch, bringing breakfast, going out to buy cigarettes, but as days passed it kind of changed...
"Chill mate, you're doing great" a tap on my shoulder and a smile from Stefan reassure me as I'm taking the last sip of my coffee before this new day starts.
If you haven't really understood what I'm talking about, well Stefan is Stefan Olsdal the bassist from Placebo and... I... might be their new drummer... if i pass this test. And jesus fucking christ, it is a hard one.

Hinahon
view post Posted on 5/10/2009, 13:38

After the mess that happened during the past tour, Stef and I both needed a break from this... But as always, you can be really too far from what you love...
So then we both came back to it, starting to work on our own, not needing a drummer. And one day, Alex just came in to give us a tape that was sent by that kid... the one we met while playing in the US... The crazy kid covered in tattoos...
So we watched his tape and Stef suggested we could give him a try.
At first I was not really happy... I mean with both past drummers it ended up being shit and mainly because of the relationship I had with them. Of course not sentimental relationship. But work one.
So I was not really in a hurry to find a new one. But since we needed someone, we decided to let him prove us what he was worth.
That's how we left for Toronto knowing him for only a few days to actually record... Hiding everything of what we were doing from Alex, putting our own money in it.

Morning-star
view post Posted on 6/10/2009, 19:42

It's really been a great experience recording the last few days with these boys... It would be really a miracle if I could get in the band.
of course you're both sweet... Stefan and Brian... and cute... and... smart... and pretty... but Brian's sometimes such a diva
Sometimes it's really hard to be around him and stay calm, but it is something i have to get used to if I want to be in this band.
It really would be a dream come true, but they're so much older and experienced than I am....
"Are you coming?" Stefan yells from the recording room... and I gulp
"Be there in a minute, is Brian here already?" I haven't seen him yet and he late sometimes... he is one special person

Hinahon
view post Posted on 8/10/2009, 17:39

I was actually on the phone with Cody when i heard Stef screaming... I guess it's time.
"I'll call you back later I promise... Take Care... Love you" I just say and hang up.
I just get back inside the room and join the all.
Though I don't sit next to Stef and Steve but stay standing next to Bill.
It's not that I don't like Steve... I do... It's that this kid is just too hyper for me... I'm not really at ease with people I don't really know so it's not helping...
And he's almost annoying me with his bursts of joy... I mean sometimes I just come in the room and he smiles at me like crazy... It makes me really uncomfortable...

3 replies since 5/10/2009, 13:25   28 views