Placebo Freakshow Forum

chunky left over pie, my adaption of cottage/shepards pie/

« Older   Newer »
theninjafrommars
TOPIC_ICON10  view post Posted on 6/3/2010, 00:44

ok so first off this is my adaption, it will be more accurate measurements and differently done in a traditional recipie but im not one for preciseness in my cooking, I throw it in untill it tastes good.

Ingriedients: -
1 tbsp vegtable/olive oil
left over roast meat. (note idk if it woks with all meat i've only tried it with beef and lamb)
200-400ml stock mixed with gravy (make it from scratch when cooking to roast or be lazy like me and get OXO cubes and gravy granules. amount depends on how long you plan to reduce it for and how strong you like your food)
1 whole onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic
Worchester sauce (as much as you like, note this recipie uses no added salt so the salt will come from this)
mixed herbs (i just thrown in whatever herbs i feel like at the time. generally chives, dill oregano and thyme it does vary)
optional:
- carrots
- peas
- any other veg you wanna throw in

for the mash:
however much potatoe you need to make mash to cover the mixture in the dish you're using.
knob of butter.

ok

Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celcius or 180 degrees celcius if a fan oven. normally gas mark 4 or 5.
so to start chop the meat and the onion, along with any extra veg used, to tiny chunks, even dice them if thats what you find easiest. Heat up the oil in a sauce pan and soften the onions, throw in the garlic and extra veg at the same time. Then chuck in the herbs and meat. let the meat heat up a little and then pour in the worchester sauce, with mixed gravy and stock. leave with lid off on a back burner to slowly reduce. DEpendsing on how long you want the filling to reduce you may want to wait before starting the potatoes.

For the potatoes simply put them on to boil and when they're ready mash em up with the butter. Then simply pour the filling into an oven proosh dish, covering the filling with a nice layer of mash. Whack it in the oven for 10 minutes onwards, depends on how crunchy you like the top of the mash to be. Take out of oven and serve hot.

There you go and you've got a nice family meal :D

hope you all enjoy :ph34r:

0 replies since 6/3/2010, 00:44   11 views