Placebo Freakshow Forum

Recommendations

« Older   Newer »
Hinahon
view post Posted on 8/3/2010, 16:03

Hey guys !

I'm wanting to watch new series... So I need your help.
What do you recommend?

I'm currently watching House and Secret Diary of a call girl. I got lost in "Lost" (lol) so pass on that one.
Other than that, what should I watch?

Morning-star
view post Posted on 8/3/2010, 17:51

Well, personally I'm not always looking for a serie to be smart.
I'm searching for something to distract myself from everything..... so well after House and Lost I watch(ed)

1. Rome (great serie, especially if you have a bit of an interest for ancient history)
2. The Tudors
3. Six Feet Under
4. Desperate Housewives (I find it so so funny... I don't know if it was intented but I think it's a great eeeuh... "caricature" of the society )
5. The L word
6. Gilmore Girls (because it's so so fluffy, and that I would have killed to have a mom like that)
7. The Vampire Diaries (it's a really really realy light serie, but... baaah it's fun to watch when you're studying)
8. Gossip Girl
9. Dirty Sexy Money (first season's cool, the rest is a little crappy)

I used to watch a lot of detectivie series with mom
9. CSI NY
10. Criminal Minds
11. CSI (the original)
12. Law and Order
13. Monk (it's so so so funny)

If Cartoons count I am deffinitely recommending the Simpsons, South Park, American Dad, and the Cleveland Show (ps: i don't like Family guy)

And well there are a lot of other series I watched I guess:
Dirt, The Knights of prosperity, CSI Miami, Eli Stone, and well others that I can't even remember the name

Yes I'm a series whore :)

Hinahon
view post Posted on 8/3/2010, 18:41

I know all the NCIS CSI and all thriller cops stuff, i watch that all the time with my parents
so now i want something else.

For the L word, I know it, have the two first seasons in DVD :P I also know queer as folk.

For the others I'll check ^^ thank you ^^

Oh btw, do you know "Dexter"? if not you should check it out, it's about a serial killer it's pretty fun and... really "special" and weird, but it changes from what we always see (like the CSIs series)

And I just can't stand Monk...
used to watch it but I just want to slap the guy, too annoying for me :/

Morning-star
view post Posted on 8/3/2010, 18:46

I'll check it out :)

I guess that I used to watch so many things because I had a tv in my room back home in romania which was almost always on

hahaha Monk can be annoying, I used to hate him but my mom liked him so much and she just had to watch it with me that I grew up to like him in the end

Hinahon
view post Posted on 8/3/2010, 19:05

you should search for a website called "SideReel" this is where I watch the series... It's free and you can find many series :)

Morning-star
view post Posted on 8/3/2010, 19:12

I'm watching them on yidio.com
they have pretty much everything (in English of course) and well free as well^^
long live streaming :D

JohnnyHomicide
view post Posted on 9/3/2010, 22:32

Waaah, Dexter is awesome! XD

My mum actually watches alot of series, some of i'll end up watching parts too but anyway here are some:

- Kyle XY
- Being Human
- Fringe
- Chuck
- Heroes (I've never really watched a full episode, but i heard it's quite good)
- Supernatural (My parents...more so my Dad is obessesed)

(yes, most series I do know about are from my parents XD)

I'm not sure if you'll like it, but I used to watch a series called Skins, you can wiki it to see what its about XD
Oh and you're not the only one who got confused with Lost X3

Hinahon
view post Posted on 9/3/2010, 22:47

I know what Skins is about xD I wanted to try watching it actually.

Morning-star
view post Posted on 10/3/2010, 18:57

Heroes is a good serie.
I really enjoyed the first two seasons and then it just became a little less interesting. I haven't watched the last season yet.

8 replies since 8/3/2010, 16:03   54 views