Placebo Freakshow Forum

Bonjour !! ^^

« Older   Newer »
Burger Queen
view post Posted on 6/1/2011, 23:12

Name: Laetitia

How did you get into placebo and what makes them appealing to you?
Wow ! Good question ! I'm a big fan since 2000. I happened to see the Pure Morning vid on TV and I fell in love with the song immediately with the atmosphere, with that man on the roof. I've checked informations on the band and everything...
At that time, Placebo helped me a lot to get through the mess my life was... Their music was a way for me not to sink... The Pure Morning vid has shown me there always is a way that leads you to the light. I'm really thankful for that ^^

Favorite songs or album
My fave song above all is Pure Morning, because of the first impression I had seeing the vid I guess. The others are Bionic (mainly live !), Lady Of The Flowers, Special Needs, Bright Lights, Taste In Men, The Innocence Of Sleep...
My fave album is WYIN, very emotional and dark.

Gig attendance (if you go to gigs, where do you go? This is only to know in case we wanna meet up some day ^^)
I saw them twice in Amnéville in 2003 and 2006. I haven't been to any gigs for the last tour because I couldn't :cry: I usually don't go very far from where I live because I have two small children and it's hard to find someone to look after them for several days ^_^

Main interests
Listening Placebo :wub: , drawing, painting, reading, and I'm totally fan of a french serie called Kaamelott :lol:

Hello everybody then ! ^_^

Hinahon
view post Posted on 6/1/2011, 23:16

hey ^^ hello :D
I'm Amandine
i'm french too :) though I don't think i've seen you yet...
I love Kaamelot too !!! XD
i hope you'll have fun around here :D

Morning-star
view post Posted on 7/1/2011, 09:35

hello Laetitia.

I'm Danina, and I just wanted to say welcome to our small forum! I hope you'll like it and well be part of our community.

Pure morning is my favorite song as well, I guess it had the same effect on me than on you. it does feel that it's the song who got me back on my feet when I was depressed or saddenned and upset on the world and on myself.

woaw, you paint? I'd love to see some of your work.

What do you like to read btw?

welcomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee once again

Burger Queen
view post Posted on 7/1/2011, 13:02

@Hinahon: we've met in other forums. Besides, I've known this one by clicking on your siggy :P

@Morning-Star: My fave books are "Les fleurs du mal" by Baudelaire, "The portrait Of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde, "The Dark Tower" by Stephen King, "Of Mice And Men" By John Steinbeck. Recently, I've discovered a french writer, Henry Troyat which mainly wrote biographies about russian artists.
And for painting, It's more in decorating things for my children. I'm not an artist at all :lol:

Your forum doesn't seem small at all ! ^^

Morning-star
view post Posted on 7/1/2011, 13:22

The picture of Dorian Gray is one of my favorite books, and I spent a long time trying to find a recollection of all of Wilde's works.
I like Steinbeck as well, but the book i liked the most is East of Eden.

Well for me the fact that you're painting (even if it's stuff for your children) it's being an artist. I kind of gave up all my artistic occupations a long while ago and i regret it quite a lot.

And well the forum isn't small in size, it's the community that is small, we don't have a lot of active members.

Hinahon
view post Posted on 7/1/2011, 14:22

hahahaha ! I knew it would be good to put it in my sig :P

"Of mice and men" = :love:

yeah, as Danina said we don't have many active members :( that's our big problem actually

Burger Queen
view post Posted on 12/1/2011, 07:07

Yeah, I've noticed that...
When I discovered that forum, I thought it was brand new, because I've never seen it on google before. I don't understand why it has not lots of members because of the RP thing. Lots of Placebo forums are deserted while they are more interesting then the frequented ones. Well, I think about one actually...

Anyway, I've done a small ad on fb ;)

Hinahon
view post Posted on 12/1/2011, 08:34

well in france i know the only big one (placebo city) is for me getting too many members for what it is...
i was on there before and i had the feeling that the staff and many members had no respect at all for the band... they just seem to think they're their mades and saying that Brian just faked collapsing on stage was just wrong coming from a so called "biggest french community"...

then pfww... there is a nasty ambience, i don't really post much anymore because i've been getting in arguments while wanting to defend the band... the whole steve hewitt's group thread being deleted made some hardcore hewitt fans angry and now the only thing they can moan about is the bad mean management...

here there is a L.A.R. thread, but I must say I don't update it because I have no interest in his band... but people are free to comment... not my fault if almost nothing is said...
we tried to advertise but sometimes it's just hard to get people when they are already on a bigger forum, some have a bad feeling about forums from a past experience and some are just too lazy to register on another one...
it's just frustrating when you see someone new registered and in the end they never post a single thing...

by the way, if you have facebook, feel free to add me (www.facebook.com/Hinahon)

Burger Queen
view post Posted on 12/1/2011, 13:41

You sum up well enough what I think about the other forums, or members i should say. I was part of the Silver Rocket Community between 2002/2003, and I really miss the atmosphere that was in there... I didn't have the internet until last year and when I saw how the fans and the mentality have changed, I was a bit shocked, as if I had a slap in my face ! I don't post a lot either in the forums you quoted, because these members don't respect the band itself and the newbies (if they're not molkettes, as we say in France).
It's a pity.

I see that we have the same point of view on the subject, I'm sure I will be fine here ^^

Hinahon
view post Posted on 12/1/2011, 23:17

we just hate stalkers...
we love the band yes, but the first thing to do is to respect them
that's kinda our motto so i think it shouldn't traumatise you ^^

9 replies since 6/1/2011, 23:12   56 views