Placebo Freakshow Forum

Let's get one thing straight, I am NOT.

« Older   Newer »
Little Mo
view post Posted on 2/5/2011, 19:29

Name: Ale

How did you get into placebo and what makes them appealing to you? - Huh, that's a tough one. Well, not exactly the first part, Placebo were introduced to me by my dear (and very awesome xP) friend. What makes them appealing to me? Hm, definitely Molsdal! xD To be honest it's just something magical when you find a band which you like so much that you buy their whole discography right away and then can listen to every single clip over and over again.

Favorite songs or album: I would say Placebo, Withouth You I'm Nothing, Meds and Sleeping With Ghosts. but honestly, it changes every day ;)

Gig attendance: I would say mostly central Europe.

Main interests: Behaving like myself and making people feel I'm on some kind of drugs ;)

Hinahon
view post Posted on 2/5/2011, 19:46

YAY !! Welcome on here

first thing: I love your avatar XD
You have an awesome friend who likes Cebo? :D feel free to bring them :D
Main interests: Behaving like myself and making people feel I'm on some kind of drugs

oh then I think you'll feel at home !

Did you find us thanks to the message I put on Placebo Fans World Wide?

Little Mo
view post Posted on 2/5/2011, 19:55

Did you find us thanks to the message I put on Placebo Fans World Wide?

Yes ^^ and thanks, I love my avatar too xP well, I will think about recommending her this forum but while she's really as much Placebo freak as I am, she really doesn't have much free time, poor student :/

Hinahon
view post Posted on 2/5/2011, 19:58

ha yeah i know that ! it's why sometimes i'm the only one on here, the others are mostly students, when as for now i'm looking for a job so I'm at home.
Feel free to explore ! I hope you'll have fun on here and if you have any problem or you just want to chat don't hesitate to pm me :D

Morning-star
view post Posted on 3/5/2011, 09:09

Hello, and of course welcome to the forum!

It's always lovely to see a new face!

I'm one of the "students" who don't have much time that Amandine (Hinahon) was talking about, but well whenever i have more time and want to have a break I come to the forum, post or just lurk a little ^^ So if your friend wants to join, she/he doesn't have to feel obliged to post or anything, it's just for the pleasure of talking sometimes to nice and friendly people like us (yes yes we are nice and we don't bite)

So anyway, back to you (I have the feeling that i'm in a rambling mood) I love your main interest! ^^ does it happen that often? that people think you're on drugs while you're just being natural? (it happened to me a couple of times when people thought I was on speed or extasy because I was completely hyperactive all of the sudden and started doing 1000000 crazy things )

So the main point is Welcome and i hope you'll enjoy yourself here, and that you'll help us enlarge our very small community.

Do you write, or draw, or i don't know... ?

Little Mo
view post Posted on 3/5/2011, 13:45

Thanks for such warm welcome ^_^ hey, I have a question - is it just me or this forum is kinda...dead? Or new? ^^""" please don't take this the wrong way.

well, I dare say I write. A lot. Mostly fanfics, though (Placebo ff's, Harry Potter, at one point even Pirates of the Caribbean xP)

Hinahon
view post Posted on 3/5/2011, 13:49

nah don't worry
thing is it's kinda dead yeah, it's not new but we had to change the hosting tons of times so we lost people in the way
and then some people got too caught up by studies to post :(
but we're trying to revive it, that's why we're trying to get members ^^ cause it's hard to do new things with motivation when no one is here to look at them

Morning-star
view post Posted on 3/5/2011, 13:52

yup as hinahon just said the forum's 95% dead...

It was never a big forum, but it used to be a lovely small community, before we all kind of drew apart because of life, teenage drama, and because of other forums as well. I remember I used to spend a lot more time on the Space Monkeys forum at some point than here.

it's hard to bring back a dead forum, with only two members posting. Sometimes it feels as if it was just a big chattroom for two people, but we'd like to get rid of that feeling.

I hope this explains things a little :)

Hinahon
view post Posted on 3/5/2011, 13:54

but we're wanting to change that ^^ it's just not that easy when we're only two to watch the changes lol

Little Mo
view post Posted on 3/5/2011, 15:55

well, to be honest (but I hope this stays between us xP) I am looking for new Placebo forum. I got very tired of PFWW since they became official - if you know what I mean, then I don't think I have to explain why. If don't know, well, I could, but promise me you won't tell them, I know you have accounts there x)

you know, I miss sucker-love. A lot. Great fanfics there, now the site is kinda dead too, dunno what about livejournals, I don't like them very much tbh, to get all functions working you have to pay. And the trump card about the forum for me is it can't be Polish, it has to have fanfics section and it can't have so many restrictions about writing as, well, PFWW ;) so i hope you will revive the forum very soon ^^

Morning-star
view post Posted on 3/5/2011, 16:03

i know that answering two mintues after you may be pathetic :P but actually I just refreshed the forum page, so I saw your post ^^ (nope I am not hunting for posts and just answering them 2 seconds after).

I used to be an active member of the first draft of pfww, the one that started when the rubber duck brigade was still high up and mighty, and well I enjoyed that one, I don't pretty much enjoy it now. And don't worry about us saying anything on pfww. Personally I don't really "post", I initially went back there to try and see if there were any of my fics posted since I lost about half of them, and then I randomly started reading fics again ^^ so I'm lurking a little around there.
It's the first time I actually noticed that they have restrictions in fanfics, i guess it can be understood since it is the official forum... but it still limits an author's freedom.
Do you have any of your fics posted oveer there? I would love reading some ^^

You don't have a fanfiction section on Polish forums? :o (I don't think we have them on Romanian ones either.... i wonder if there is an actual Romanian placebo forum)

Oh and btw :P i hate livejournals ^^

I don't know whether you're familiar with the band called AFI, but what Placebo should have (and what they kinda used to have with suckerlove) is a website/community as AFIslash. It kind of has the same concept as suckerlove did but it worked out waaaaay better.

btw, what else do you listen to other than placeo?

Hinahon
view post Posted on 3/5/2011, 16:19

well to be honest, even if i try to post, I don't feel well on PFWW, you know i have the feeling that those that were here from the start just won't talk to people that aren't there since then... so newbies end up on their own... then i had several arguments and things that i really didn't like so...
I only stay on here cause I guess it's the best way to have the news quickly and not come too late after the battle. But then, mostly we'd copy it on there as soon as we see it XD

I hope then that you can find a second home on here ^^
We'd be glad if you feel like that, cause that's mostly what it is for us. We don't have strong rules... Even in Fanfics and rps ^^

Danina: we talked about a placebo version of afi slash, but suckerlove was there and we thought it would revive. I think i have enough web abilities to create one, so that's a thing that can turn into a project ;)

OMG we're spamming bitches aren't we?? spoiling the introductions of a young padawan... tsss bad admins :P

Little Mo
view post Posted on 3/5/2011, 16:28

Well, that's the thing with PFWW, no freedom of speech plus deleting fanfics if you even mention a family member (even the imaginary one!) and no, we don't have fanfiction section of Polish forums (ff's are not very popular here) and my fanfiction on PFWW is titled "For What It's Worth", my nick is velvet_goldmine, you can find it there (it's not finished yet, it's gay, it's Molsdal, kinda Stef's POV)

Yes, I know AFI, I like them ^^ aaand maybe you'd want to check out my last.fm, i have there almost all my bands :D it's much easier than counting every single one xP www.lastfm.pl/user/swamp_cat

edit: ooh, I'm corrupted enough, thank you very much, no need to worry about me xD and what you said about the atmosphere on PFWW - so true! I didn't feel welcome there at all! oO am I reading this right? You want to create new sucker-love-kind-of-site?? O.O I WOULD BE SO ON TO THIS PROJECT! I LOVE IT! Can I help? :D

Edited by Little Mo - 3/5/2011, 17:46

Hinahon
view post Posted on 3/5/2011, 16:33

i remember posting a fic there (that is on this forum unmodified) which mentioned cody and someone quickly told me i should modify not to have cody involved... thing is i wanted it to be as if it was based on reality, and they can't deny that in reality, cody exists... doesn't mean you're being unrespectful. I have all respect for Brian and his privacy, but I don't see the real harm in mentioning his kid that everyone knows about... anyway... XD

i'm a bit of an alien in placebo fans
cause to be honest, appart from them and a few bands i saw as their first parts, i don't like many bands that placebo fans sometimes love. I hate muse, I don't like IamX, grow out quickly of AFI... i mostly listen to metal and hard rock... XD

EDIT replying to the edit:
well i'll start spying afislash to see how it's made but if i put my head and my coding skills to it, i think it's possible to make one :P

Little Mo
view post Posted on 3/5/2011, 16:49

well, I know one or two songs only by AFI xP and I totally agree about family members. (writing about raped Brian is fine, but writing about his imaginary daughter is 'illegal'. Charming.)

oh. myyy! *_* If you will in fact manage to do that I will hunt you down and bear hug till you scream <3 If you want someone to make a layout, some graphics and stuff I'm pretty good at it so don't hesitate if you need any help with that :)

44 replies since 2/5/2011, 19:29   356 views