Placebo Freakshow Forum

10/08/2011: Expect new stuff soon

« Older   Newer »
Hinahon
view post Posted on 10/8/2011, 07:01

Hey all

With the gig in Berlin that I followed yesterday on twitter, I must say I manage to re "fall in love" with Placebo. Not that I had totally forgotten about them, but I must say that just has during the break between Meds and BFTS I didn't really listen to Placebo those days since they were on a break.
But now it changed and I want to work again on that forum:

What I would like to do, and i may need help for some parts:

- Post more things in the download section: I will go through my stuff to upload everything I can. If you have some things: interviews, lives, audio, videos, get in touch with me so i can see if I have them already and just send them to me for upload (or upload them yourself, i'll see that one with my co admin a.k.a. Morningstar I think)

- New idea that randomly came to my head that I would like to implement. You all know that we need more fans for this forum, but I also think that Placebo deserve more fans, young or more mature, from any country of the world, we need to get in touch with people that may like them already or that don't know them but that could love them. Again, this needs to be discussed with the co admin but my idea would be to put in place a "Placebo Beginner pack" that you could download and share with people you want to try to "convert" to Placebo. We could make it like: A MP3 bundle with a few big hits of Placebo - probably will evolve around Nancy Boy, Pure Morning, Taste in Men, The bitter end, For what it's worth and trigger happy hands, to get a view of all the albums, though not more since the idea is to actually bring people into liking placebo - so in the end buying cds and stuff to support them; also it will probably have a short biography of the band and the members to show who they are (of course not total bios or it would be insanely long) so shorts of that with a link leading to the forum if they want more infos on them. It will probably include a digital flyer for the forum.

- Get the bios ready (and basically everything else that is not ready yet) I shall start working on the website template again to get it ready hopefully before the new album comes out. This means I WILL need help with that, as you can imagine, I can't code and write bios at the same time.

- Start the idea of the webzine again. I'm pretty sure this is something that can make a difference later on. So I think it would be nice to start working on it (the latest we could do would be to make the first issue ready for the day the album will be announced / will come out)

- Maybe we should start thinking about creating a blog that we could use for special things (like maybe reviews from gigs and other things, that is to see.)

- Also we need to get in touch with the social networks: re work on the existing Facebook page, probably create a twitter, a tumblr or flickr, things like that. I think we can let the myspace page die since myspace is dying itself :P

And well as I said earlier, try to bring people to like and listen to placebo.

We can also start thinking of advertising for the forum: Posting the link on other forums, even not related to placebo as long as it's allowed by the "host" forum, talking about it with people, and most of all, getting ready flyers that we could then send with letters we send to friends, put in cities (AS LONG AS IT'S ALLOWED, IF YOU DON'T KNOW, ASK, no law breaking please :P) and maybe even in shops (can't really do that in french since we are an english forum - for the language I mean) but worse case it can be a good way to get people to practise their english.

Anyway here are a few ideas I had in mind, feel free to share if you have other ideas yourself and I hope we can work this out.

Morning-star
view post Posted on 10/8/2011, 16:52

as I told you I am highly motivated to try and bring more people by any means, but this would imply that we need to be more active ourselves :P people are not attracted by a forum on which it hasn't been posted for months :)

For the download section I don't really have any new or old material except the albums. I don't even have articles anymore. I know I'm a really bad fan, but I still have my pictures on photobucket though I think everyone has them or has seen them since they are really old ones.

I am in love with the beginner pack thingy ^^ I find it perfect to be honest. And I guess if I had kept in touch with people from the AFI board or sth I could have tried to convert them...

For the bios, I still have Stefan's one that I made at some point but I guess it needs to be updated.

For the blog and reviews maybe we could do that when the new album/ tour is launched?

Unfortunately my online social life has decreased a lot and I don't really post on forums anymore, exept here on the official placebo one but if I get on another forum one day I'll surely post a link to ours ^^ As for flyers, if we make some I'll post them around Bruxelles i guess :D

I just got back from work so i'm kinda brainless but if something else pops up in my head don't worry I'll share it. ^^

Hinahon
view post Posted on 10/8/2011, 17:01

don't worry i probably have a few Gb of stuff on my external disk :P
also I just saved more than 100 pictures from last night's gig that i will need to upload

well i think it's a good thing to have so we don't have to rush through our stuff to introduce placebo to them, then we can decide what we want in it :)

Yeah doing the blog later sounds fine, to me the first thing to do is get everything ready for the website so i'd only have to buy a hosting and put it online

cool, just make sure it's not forbidden, i don't want to have to get you out of jail :P also we can try to see with workers at music shops if we can leave some there, like that people would take themselves if interested, would probably work better in small independant shops but i think it's still worth trying ^^

2 replies since 10/8/2011, 07:01   196 views