Placebo Freakshow Forum

Osaka gig stopped after Brian collapsed on stage

« Older   Newer »
Hinahon
view post Posted on 10/8/2009, 13:09

Offical info:http://asm.jugem.cc/?eid=264

Summer Sonic Osaca:Brian Molko collapsed on stage, causing show stopped; Today he's okay and is leaving for UK

Placebo was supposed to give a show at 15:05 pm in Osaka Japan. After playing the intro-song 'Kitty Litter', frontman Brian Molko suddenly collapsed on stage, causing the show stopped. Stefan was apparently concerned and was a bit nervous about what happened. Brian was taken off stage by the staff.

Then due to 'Brian's strong headache', the show could not be restarted. Steve was on stage to apologize and comfort the fans.

----------------------------

Information from Solitary Records

Placebo gig in Summer Sonic Osaka was cancelled due to Brian's health condition. The official site will keep the fans up with information and updating announcement from the band as soon as possible. Touring for several months, especially the tight schedule is responsible for his feeling sick. Thanks to the fast medical aid, Brian is all right when he's leaving for UK.

The band feels sorry for what happened in Osaka, 'Once Brian's health condition back to normal, we are sure to be here again.' Said Stefan and Steve.

Thank god he seems to be ok ! :cry:

Morning-star
view post Posted on 10/8/2009, 16:53

woah :o what on earth could have caused that?

*kicks herself and tells herself she should watch the cebo news*

Hinahon
view post Posted on 10/8/2009, 16:57

it seems it was because he was tired and then "déshydratation"
So yeah...
but the thing that freak me out is that he didn't collapse backstage but ON stage, during the gig !
I would have freaked out if I was at that gig :/

Morning-star
view post Posted on 10/8/2009, 17:03

strange :o
I hope he's gonna be alright
I guess I should have panicked as well :o

Hinahon
view post Posted on 10/8/2009, 17:05

they say he's already ok and that they're going back to the UK

Hinahon
view post Posted on 10/8/2009, 19:29

News from the Site (wonder why i'm STILL doing the news thing...)

Message To Our Japanese Fans: Brian Recovering Well

We would firstly like to thank you for all your kind words and messages of support regarding Brian’s health after fainting at the show in Osaka, Japan, yesterday.

It is always incredibly disappointing when a show cannot take place for any reason, particularly on this occasion due to Brian being unwell, as we have looked forward for such a long time to these shows in Japan!

We have undertaken a gruelling and intensive schedule over the last few months and the last couple of weeks alone played 5 countries in 9 days. Brian picked up a virus which coupled with jet lag and exhaustion caused his collapse on stage. Thanks to prompt and professional care Brian is recovering well.

We would like to extend our grateful thanks and sincere apologies to the fans who made a huge effort travelling to see us in Osaka, especially after long queue’s in the heavy rain. We would also like to extend many thanks and apologies to the promoters, Creative Man, at Summer Sonic for all their help and understanding under difficult circumstances.

We are all the more devastated after such an amazing show in Tokyo on Saturday where the crowd was incredible. We were so excited to be back in Japan after a few years away and we were reminded what a very special place Japan is to us.

Thank you all for your ongoing support and we hope to make it up to you with new dates in Japan very soon. We love your country and can’t wait to come back.

Love

Brian, Stefan, Steve - Placebo x

Hinahon
view post Posted on 11/8/2009, 13:04

It honestly freaks me out how only 1 guy can take him and carry him in his arms... He looks so fragile :/

Edited by Hinahon - 11/8/2009, 14:26

6 replies since 10/8/2009, 13:09   1348 views