Placebo Freakshow Forum

PLACEBO ONLINE ADVENT CALENDAR 2009

« Older   Newer »
Hinahon
view post Posted on 30/11/2009, 21:46

PLACEBO ONLINE ADVENT CALENDAR 2009

While the icy bite of Winter is bearing down on Europe, and the collective thoughts of people are turning to Christmas, the season of goodwill, PLACEBO have been busy creating a special interactive end to 2009 for all their fans, that will go live at midnight (GMT) tonight!

http://advent.placeboworld.co.uk

For those who can remember, the excitement of the yuletide was always made even more tense with the countdown of a traditional Advent Calendar.

Of course PLACEBO are loved all over the world, so if you are wondering what an 'Advent Calendar' is, then let us explain!
Officially, Advent begins the 4th Sunday before Christmas Day, however the tradition has seen this change over time to be each day from the 1st of December through to the 24th of December.

Throughout these 24 days, a special calendar is opened each morning, to uncover a surprise, as the days advance towards to Christmas Day.

This year, PLACEBOWORLD has created an incredible online Advent Calendar for all Fans of PLACEBO to become involved with.

Each Day you can visit http://advent.placeboworld.co.uk and click on the number of the day throughout December and you will reveal either an exclusive never-seen-before photo, a special announcement, a competition or a very special Christmas promotion, leading up to the 24th of December where you will get the biggest and best surprise of them all.

At midnight (GMT) tonight fans around the world will be able to access the first offering from the new PLACEBO Calendar, and it is a very special surprise!

PEACE & LOVE

PLACEBO

Hinahon
view post Posted on 1/12/2009, 01:09

Today's treat

1st December: Video of the new single "Bright lights"

dudn3000
view post Posted on 1/12/2009, 20:07

OMG!!!! I LOVE THE NEW VERSION!!!! And the video is soooo cool as well ... and as I don't have an advent calendar in salzburg, this is a very nice surprise ...
I think that idea is really good, well done guys!!!! :)

Hinahon
view post Posted on 2/12/2009, 01:12

2nd December:

The magazine features an exclusive interview and photos from the bands recent performance in Mexico.

Fans worldwide can buy a copy via the PLACEBOWORLD store.
2nd December

In Other News:

Tune in to KERRANG! TV to watch your 'Ultimate Countdown of PLACEBO's Biggest Videos!' 15:00 GMT

Hinahon
view post Posted on 10/12/2009, 23:56

since no one updated for me when i was gone...
go look for the other days on the calendar.

10th December:

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!

In Other News:

20% off all MERCH on the PLACEBOWORLD Store today!

Enter the code XMAS09 at the checkout.

Black Eyed Santa

dudn3000
view post Posted on 11/12/2009, 16:53

I just wanted to post a "Happy Birthday Brian" topic, but you were quicker ... I completely forgot about it yesterday ... well, when I heard Placebo before drifting so sleep, I thought like "OMG! Today was Brian's birthday!" But I'm not good at remembering birthdays, so forgive me ... ;)

Hinahon
view post Posted on 24/12/2009, 01:09

To end the calendar:

Black Eyed Santa from PlaceboWorld on Vimeo.

dudn3000
view post Posted on 2/1/2010, 15:41

I just love this vid ... even though I thought like "WRF?!!!" at the beginning ... it's a cool idea though ... would be great if we knew who this santa was ... *gg*

Hinahon
view post Posted on 2/1/2010, 16:30

I think it's one of Placebo's roadies
have a few ideas but i don't know if they're true

9 replies since 30/11/2009, 21:46   58 views